Friday, September 10, 2010

One year without posting

On a whim, I decided to come update this blog and I was surprised to find out that I wrote the last post precisely one year ago, only a few days after we began our cyber-schooling year. In the end, I never posted here...

Why?

Because cyber-schooling is extremely intense and it was so hard for me that I couldn't find the strength and energy to write about it.

Was it a positive experience academically?

Yes, it was. I would highly recommend the cyber school we used: Pennsylvania Leadership Charter Cyber school (PALCS), particularly if you live close to one of the two school locations (West Chester and Pittsburgh).

Why didn't it work for us?

Because I just cannot manage it. My ADD doesn't let me do it. I'm too chaotic and disorganized and it became a nightmare. In addition, I had lots of conflict with my oldest son, he drove me crazy because he's so much like me. Yeah, every single day I felt like I needed to have tons of therapy just to be able to start the next day. But obviously I cannot afford therapy (and have never had it), so we just survived somehow.

I will try to come back and write more about our experience. The pros and cons. Academically I think that there is NOTHING that can compare to a good, sound, well run cyber-school. What my sons learned in their music and art lessons is just INCREDIBLE. Too bad it won't continue.

OK, more later then. Nobody reads this anyway, maybe Lucy will, hi Lucy! So, yeah, bye.

2 comments:

  1. Hi
    I also used PALCS in the beginning for cyber schooling for my daughter but we have switched to PAVCS this year. I like it so much more. You are correct with the fact it is intense and a lot of work patience and sometimes I too feel like I need therapy at the end of the day.LOL But I'm still plugging along hoping it will settle in and get easier or maybe more " normal ".

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm reading and feeling like an idiot because somehow I never saw this blog in addition to your other (geez I suck) anyway I'm going to read the whole hting because I've so been struggling with whether fMhson would benefit from some form on at home ed.

    ReplyDelete