Thursday, September 10, 2009

Sibling Rivalry, Cyber School Edition -- 3rd Day

So, I never realized that when I worked hard to get most of my youngest son's assignments done yesterday that he wouldn't have anything left to do today and the rest of the week. Part of what we had to do yesterday to prepare for kindergarten was cutting multiple words, letters, and number cards. L helped me with the numbers diligently, but was already tired of cutting when we got to the words and letters, so I cut those. Little did I know that I could have let those for him to cut today and tomorrow... Well, too late!

As you can imagine, the oldest, K, was outraged that his little brother didn't have anything to do and he had, and still has, LOTS! (deep sigh). Working with K is a constant struggle most days, particularly because he doesn't like to write (except when it's a dictation or spelling) and he likes even less to draw and color. He's too much of a perfectionist and takes forever. This has always been a big problem for him and I really don't know what I'll have to do to get him to work a little faster.

Because today he had a lot of writing to do and then we scan the paper and post it to the classroom site, half of it was postponed for tomorrow. I'm not looking forward to tomorrow in the least! I wish the Kindergarten teacher would post next week's activities so I could have something to do with L so K would be more motivated to work. But then, again, I'd be divided and not be able to help/supervise him as closely. Yeah, he's a tough cookie. Bright, but very stubborn. I have to write more about these problems.

Tomorrow I'm going to try and call tech support so we can finally install the printer/scanner. It's been a hassle to have to use my own printer for everything, but I don't want to waste anytime with tech support because I know they're extra busy the first week of classes. I'm glad that my husband was able to figure out what to do with L's computer.

All right, enough for today! Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.

No comments:

Post a Comment